Saturday 4 April 2015

NaPoWriMo 3



The moon was over Belleville Park that cold and cautious night
You took a walk among the roots and I was at your side
That sorry silver satellite was lost among the stars
'tween limbo and the kingdom of our foolish giddy hearts

Your bones were cold and weary so I took you far away
to where my tones of copper warmed your tired, pretty face
I thought I saw you look at me, desire in your eye
it almost slipped from memory; the day we said goodbye

I tried to write a letter with an undetermined pen
as I have done a thousand times, I looked to you again
I wrought the words in silver and I anchored them in black
but all to no avail because the mailman sent it back

The birds have started singing and the nights are not so dark
and the daffodils have blossomed since we walked in Belleville Park
I hear you loud and clear and in love I shall remain
and my heart will keep on list'ning til we take that walk again



I tried something with this one and turned it into a song - click here to listen to a (very) rough version. And possibly a snoring dog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...