Thursday 25 September 2014

Dear Sir,

Hey. I haven't been writing much lately and have been wanting to put something up here for a while. I recently had an unfortunate encounter in a dreadful mens' social club and wrote the below letter of complaint. Well, it's sort of creative writing, no?





Dear Sir,

I visited your establishment for the first time on the evening of 23rd September 2014. I had been assured by my associate of your good standing and favourable reputation.

On entering your premises and while ascertaining my surroundings, I must admit that I was not entirely prompt in removing my hat. I was remiss. Imagine my shock and consternation, however, when a fellow tapped me on the arm and told me to remove my headwear. Being an unfamiliar patron, you can surely imagine the humiliation I felt as a result of this. I estimate that I had not been across the threshold sixty seconds.

I can only assume that said fellow must have thought me vulgar or ungentlemanly but I cannot impose upon you enough the error of this conceit. I am incensed and aggrieved at the assumption that I should require educating in such etiquette, and as a result I cannot imagine ever gracing you with my custom again.

I note with some bemusement that your website promises 'a welcoming and friendly atmosphere'. May I respectfully suggest that this claim is removed as it is evidently not the case.

Yours sincerely,






I doubt I'll receive a reply but if I do, I'll post it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...