Sunday 28 September 2014

A Different Tune


I want to be that song.
The one that pops into your head
when you ought to be humming a different tune.
I want to be your skin and cover you up entirely.
I want to be exquisite energy in your body,
make you tick. Light up your eyes.
I want to be the sea around your swimmer
soak into all of you, draw you deep
I want to be the hand at your back
the hook of your smile,
a medicine for sadness,
put uncertainty to sleep.
I want to be the cat slipping softly 'round your legs
so let me purr and get my claws in.



2 comments:


  1. Dear Poetic Friends: or poetry writers:


    How do you do?


    It has been a while without running poets rally for free verse, today, when we celebrate Thursday Poets Rally 5th year anniversary, we invite you, a poet who blog and support poetry, to participate,



    To join our rally, or submit one or two poems to our poetry prompt,
    Click on the link below:

    http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2015/01/thursday-poets-rally-week-79-january-14.html



    Happy Rally….
    Thank you in advance!


    ReplyDelete

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...