Sunday 13 July 2014

My Heart Is In No Trouble (or, I Still Love You)


My heart is in no trouble
It will beat, beat strongly and steadily
and slowly beat on

Steady like a blacksmith's hammer
shaping a thing forged in fire
that will solidify and be forever durable

Strong like a heart of oak that casts a long shadow
which I might carve a name into
A sentinel to endure many seasons
with the resolve to preserve a promise
and envelop a vow with deep roots and secret rings

My heart is in no trouble
there is no murmur of indecision
no lonely strain or panicked palpitation

It beats strongly and steadily and is not broken
it will not be broken or bruised
it will beat, beat on
beat on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...