Saturday 19 July 2014

Duh...


Are you stupid or something?
How can you not comprehend?
Do I speak a foreign tongue?
You must be proper thick, you know
if you don't see the truth is that
you are my stars and moon and sun
my air and light and everything
You utter god damn imbecile!
Why don't you understand you are
the universe, its shiny glory!
blood that keeps my brain supplied
the cosmic force that turns the world
you make a melon tasty-sweet
and sing me off to sleep each night.
Won't you get it through your skull?
I'd eat a thousand hats for you
build a palace in my heart
and bang my head against the wall
Hold on, who's the eejit here?
The moron, or the moron who loves her?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...