Thursday 10 July 2014

And now, The News


Today the world insistently
demands the latest news of me
not only must the news be free
it should be good as well, you see.
I wrack my brain for tales of glee.

The whole wide world wants lovely news
Well here's a bit; I got new shoes
Alright, the brogues aren't really new
I stuck my old ones with some glue
and luckily I still had two.

I heard of such a lucky guy
who out detecting metal spied
A million dollars buried, aye!
but seven paces to his side
and guess what? It was his first try.

But still, I wouldn't swap to be
a million dollars richer, see,
of all the good news there could be
I have the best, and yes it's free;
The girl I dearly love, loves me
and that's the news I choose to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...